The National Hotel des Invalides or the Army Museum is located in the center of Paris near the Seine and Pont Alexandre III in the 7th arrondissement. In 1670, King Louis XIV adopted the plans of Liberal Bunting for the construction of a hospice for disabled soldiers of the army, otherwise sentenced to theft and begging. This site, the second largest after the Versailles, began in 1671. The church of the soldiers opened in 1677. However it is in 1706 that the consecration of the royal church, famous for its golden dome, marked completion of the work. The Hôtel des Invalides houses the coffin of Napoleon Bonaparte under its dome. The atmosphere of the Invalides district is very friendly with its restaurants, lively bars, small cafes, shops and the typical Parisian street market Cler.